Links for M7.0 Earthquake in Mojave Desert, California ("Hector Mine" earthquake), 16 October 1999
Some links to more detailed scientific information on this earthquake (additional links through these sites):
- USGS Pasadena Office special Hector EQ page
- Includes ongoing seismicity, maps of surface faulting, photos, ground motion, and more. More or less mirrored at Menlo Park USGS office.
- USGS National Earthquake Information Center page on this event
- Includes overview, moment tensor and arrival time information, seismotectonic summary of California.
- IRIS earthquake page
- Basic seismological information and some waveforms.
- U.C. Berkeley information page on Hector earthquake
- Unique to this are UCB moment tensors and preliminary slip map and links to work on earlier Landers earthquake.
Return to graphical or text-based EQ map locator
Please send mail to email@example.com if you encounter any problems or have suggestions.
C. H. Jones | CIRES | Dept. of Geological Sciences | Univ. of Colorado at Boulder
Last modified at Wednesday, March 15, 2000 9:57 AM
0 visits from