From Jimenez Group Wiki
- This is the page for organization of the 6th Boulder AMS & ACSM Clinic Meeting. A shorcut to this page is http://tinyurl.com/AMSClinic6
- The Clinic is not a meeting for beginners but for people who have experience with the AMS / ACSM and want to discuss technical issues with other users and the instrument developers.
- The feedback from the Clinic is here
- 1 Dates and Location
- 2 Clinic Schedule & Presentations
- 3 Party at Donna's 19 June 2015
- 4 Tentative List of Attendees
- 5 Some Topics to be Discussed
- 6 Lodging and Travel
Dates and Location
- The 6th AMS Clinic will take place at CU-Boulder on Thu June 18 to Sat June 20, 2015.
- Map of Hotels, Conference Sites, and Dinner locaitons: AMS Clinic Map
- Static Maps: Campus Map Closeup Map
- We'll start Thu @ 8:30 am and end Sat at 5 pm
- Thu & Fri: main meeting in Humanities 135 (across from the Ekeley building where we have met in past years). Breakouts: HUM 180 and 186
- Sat: main meeting in Ekeley E1B20 (same room as past few Clinics). Breakouts in Ekeley E1B50 and E1B75.
- Aerodyne-sponsored dinner on Thu eve @ Backcountry Pizza (no alcohol included)
- Party at Donna's on Friday Evening.
- The AMS Clinic will follow immediately after the 2015 Aerodyne ToF-CIMS Users Meeting that will take place in Fort Collins, CO (1 hr N of Boulder) during Mon June 15-Wed June 17, 2015.
Clinic Schedule & Presentations
Detailed schedule is kept at this spreadsheet.
Thu 18-June-2015: Quantification Issues
- Manjula: Review of quantification issues (RIE, CEs, nitrate cals)
- Jose-Luis Jimenez: Overview of field intercomparisons
- Dan Murphy: Free molecular flow, thermal decomposition, and residence time in the AMS ion source
- Doug Worsnop: Constraints on quantification from intercomparisons, hygroscopicity & other methods
- User input & discussion
- Jay Slowik: Citric acid w/ VUV at 600 and 300
- Suzane de Sa: apparent CE in GoAmazon
- Ken Docherty: CE vs f44/f57 in chamber SOA
- Ann Middlebrook: observations from prior lab & field work: PM Volume comparisons
- Ann Middlebrook: observations from prior lab & field work: IPP, NH4, f44
- Manjula Canagaratna: Slide on glutaric, citric acid in VUV
- John Jayne: variability of f44
- Simone Pieber: f44 interference from nitrate and other salts (prez. not posted, manuscript in preparation)
- Leah Williams: PToF vs MS as diagnostic of slow f44
Fri 19-June-2015: Instrumentation & Analysis Issues
- WeiWei Hu: Capture vaporizer and f44
- Mike Cubison: Detecting metals with a ToF-ACSM (Donna to post a subset)
- Donna Sueper: Updates to HROrg Analysis for updated Elemental Analysis
- Donna Sueper: A case of inaccurate HRNH4
- Joel Kimmel: Event trigger (can't be posted yet due to pending patent)
- Megan Willis: preliminary ambient SP Event trigger data
- Pedro Campuzano Jost: ePToF
- Leah Williams: Is ePToF better for ambient data?
- Pete DeCarlo: ePToF was helpful at high loadings
Sat 20-June-2015: ME-2, PMF, User Open Mike
- Jay Slowik: Updates on ME-2
- Tim Onasch: SP-AMS: Main Issues for Quantification
- Ed Fortner: SP-AMS Aligning particle and laser beams
- Ed Fortner: SP-AMS Some laser power problems
- Raea Hicks: Soil analysis by laser-ablation + AMS (will not be posted, manuscript in preparation)
- Dara Salcedo: AMS evaporation model for non-refractory vs. semi-refractory material
- Pedro Campuzano-Jost: Lens transmission issues
- Leah Williams (presented by Manjula Canagaratna): followup on PToF/MS Ratios vs m/z
- Qi Zhang: Comparison of DESI vs AMS O/C, and issues with m/z calibrations in SP-AMS
- Jason Schroder & Donna Sueper: IE panel for ET data
Party at Donna's 19 June 2015
- Address: 875 Roxwood Lane #A Boulder, CO.
- The Plan:
- Empanadas from Rincon in Boulder will be served.
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages and a few beers will be provided.
- Donations to cover food and drink Encouraged.
- Feel free to bring your own food and drink if you wish.
- Have fun mingling in Donna's beautiful back yard if weather cooperates, and/or inside.
Tentative List of Attendees
The following 50 people have registered for the meeting:
- Doug Worsnop, John Jayne, Leah Williams, Donna Sueper, Joel Kimmel, Philip Croteau, Manjula Canagaratna, Harald Stark, Tim Onasch, Ed Fortner - Aerodyne Research
- Doug Day, Brett Palm, Jason Schroder, Weiwei Hu, Pedro Campuzano-Jost, Jose-Luis Jimenez - Univ. of Colorado-Boulder
- Mike Cubison, Tofwerk AG
- Suzane de Sa, Harvard Univ.
- Olivier Favez, Tanguy Amodeo - INERIS and LCSQA, France
- Jeongho Kim - APM ENG
- Liz Alexander, Raea Hicks, PNNL
- Dara Salcedo, Franco Guerrero, Harry X, UNAM-Queretaro, Mexico
- Liming Cao , Peking University Shenzhen
- Ann Middlebrook, NOAA
- Joel Brito, Univ Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Claudia Mohr, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Peter DeCarlo, Michael Giordano, Anita Johnson, Drexel Univ.
- Dongyu "Simon" Wang, University of Texas at Austin
- Haiyan Li, Tsinghua University
- Sanna Saarikoski, Risto Hillamo, FMI, Finland
- Megan Willis, Univ. of Toronto, Canada
- Qi Zhang, Nicky Young, Shan Zhou, University of California, Davis
- Qi Chen, Peking Univ., China
- Will Wallace, Yu Jun Leong, Rice Univ.
- Jay Slowik, Simone Pieber - PSI, Switzerland
- Roya Bahreini, Chia-Li Chen, Lijie Li - UC-Riverside
- Ping Chen, Handix
- Ken Docherty, US EPA (pending confirmation)
- Ingeborg Nielsen, Aarhus Univ.
Some Topics to be Discussed
- UMR analyses
- Recent updates to elemental analysis
- General HR-AMS operation, tuning, fitting
- PMF and ME-2 analyses
- Event Trigger
- Anything that users are interested in discussing
Lodging and Travel
- General information on Boulder is here
- You will most likely travel via Denver International Airport
- You can use the Supershuttle service between the airport and the hotel and back (once in Boulder, you can walk to and from the meeting)
- If you are looking for someone to share a room with we have created a spreadsheet for coordinating and posting contact information here
- Millennium Harvest House
- Block Rate: $134.00/night
- Reservations: AMS Clinic Online Reservations
- Cutoff Date for block rate: Reservations must be made by May 22, 2015 to receive the block rate, availability limited.
- Contact: +1 (303) 443-3850
- Block Reservation Name: AMS Clinic (University of Colorado)
- University Inn - Boulder
- Rate: $125.00/night. (Request the "CU Student" rate if you wish to book a room here).
- Availablity: Rooms only available on the 17th and 18th. Due to this no "block" of rooms have been set aside.
- There is no cutoff date, the "CU Student" rate is available year around, availability permitting.
- Contact: +1 (303) 417-1700
- Residence Inn - Boulder
- Block Rate: $194.00/night (Standard Rate: $219.00)
- Block Reservation Name: CU AMS Clinic
- Reservations: CU AMS Clinic Online Reservations
- Reservations by phone: (800) 331-3131 request "CU AMS Clinic" rate
- Contact: +1 (303) 449-5545
- Ammenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Studio room (one King, one Pullout couch bed), Kitchenette, Free Wireless)