J-Group Meeting

From Jimenez Group Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

This page is a schedule and repository of information for the meeting of the Jimenez Group at the University of Colorado-Boulder. A shortcut to this page is http://tinyurl.com/jmeeting.

  • Click this link to schedule a room in Chemistry (the first time you use it you have to create your own personal log on).

Contents

Upcoming Meetings

Science Mtg., Wed 1-DEC-2010,1-3, S274

  • Donna Pika and Rui?
  • Amber GRL

Science Mtg., Fri 19-Nov-2010,1-3, Reading Room - projector reserved with CIRES

  • Delphine Rehearsal

Topics for Future Meetings

  • Ping Chen: results of summer 2010 campaigns, present in Nov-Dec 2010
  • Re-discuss group journals: two tiered system w/ emails for important papers, Google Reader for broader big picture reading

Archive of Past Meetings (Most Recent First!)

Science Mtg., Fri 12-Nov-2010, CIRES 340 (map room)

Science Mtg., Wed. 3-Nov-2010, 12-2 pm, S274

Science Mtg., Mon. Oct. 18, 1-3 pm, CIRES auditorium

  • Doug Day 20 min paper: Ehn et al., ACP 2010
  • Patrick: update on CalNex intercomparisons
  • Pedro: IAC talk

Science Mtg., Mon. Sep. 27, 1-3, Reading room - projector reserved with CIRES

Science Mtg., Mon Sep 13 @ 1-3 pm, CIRES map room (projector reserved)

  • What people learned at IAC and AUM: Joel, Donna, Carly, Amber, Delphine, Ingrid, Jose
  • Planning Fall group meeting schedule and presenters

Science Mtg, Wed Aug. 25 @ 12 am - 2 pm, ESOC Reading Room

  • Overflow and 2nd round of IAC presentations

Science Mtg, Thurs. Aug 19 @ 12 am - 2:30 pm, S274

  • What we learned at Telluride (30 min for both)
    • Jose
    • Patrick
  • IAC Rehearsals
    • Ingrid's talk
    • Delphine's talk
    • Carly's poster
    • Amber's poster
    • Jose's talk
    • Some of these may be bumped to the next day if we don't have time
    • Delphine will bring cake (AC paper!), so no moving this at the last minute, or you won't get any...

Science & Business Mtg, Tue Jul 27 @ noon - 2 pm, Ekely W166 (projector reserved with CIRES)

  • What we have learned at recent campaigns and meetings (2-slides per person, 1 hr total)
    • Delphine: BVOC Gordon Conference & CalNex
    • Amber: Ispra OA meeting & CalNex
    • Patrick: Ispra OA meeting & CalNex
    • Ingrid: CUR conference & CalNex
    • Joel: ASMS & CalNex
    • Carly: CalNex
    • Jose: EGU, PSI, CalNex
  • Presentations
    • Weiwei: update of AMS intercomparisons for CalNex (30 min)
  • Business Mtg:
    • MichaelL - Picasa demo (5 min)
    • Status of organization and instruments after CalNex

Science Mtg, Mon Apr 26 noon - 2 pm, Auditorium

  • Amber: FLAME-3 Update
  • CalNex and Google Reader

Science Mtg, Mon Apr 12 4:30-6:00 pm, room TBD

  • Delphine
  • Jose (OSc paper)

Science Mtg, Mon March 29 1-3 pm, Reading Room (projector reserved)

  • Mike
  • Joel (1/2) + Reddy (1/2)

Science Mtg, Wed March 17 11 am - 1 pm, Auditorium

  • Carly (rehearsal for ANYL seminar)
  • Hugh

Journal Mtg March 9, 2010 12-1 CIRES Map Room

Science Mtg March 5, 2010 10-12 S274

  • Amber
  • Ingrid
  • Next meeting dates

Business Mtg March 3, 2010 1-3 CIRES Map Room

  • Jennie may come by to explain new A-Card & other procedures, answer questions (not confirmed yet)
  • Clinic debriefing: what went well, what can we do better next time.
  • Update on CalNex-LA organization and tasks

Business + Journal Meeting: Wed Feb 17, 10-12 am, CIRES Auditorium

  • In lieu of regular group lunch
  • Business items
    • Going over list of Clinic tasks, update
    • Organization of CalNex-LA (instruments, responsibilities, supplies & packing, dates, lodging, car...)
    • Conferences for this year:
      • IAC deadline is 28-Feb (tickets $1300+...)
      • AAAR (lower interest this year - Portland)
      • AGU (more interest)

Science Meeting: Wed Feb 17 @ 1 pm, room CIRES auditorium

  • (Brief) discussion of new meeting format
    • Selection of dates for next research meeting and business lunch
  • Carly: Research Update
  • Allen: FLAME-3 update

Change of Meeting Format, for Reference

This is the change of meeting format based on recent discussions

  • Science Meeting
    • 2 people, 1 hr each (40 min + questions), every 2 weeks
      • Every person in the group will present ~5-6 times per year
    • Scheduling of the next meeting decided at the start of each meeting, by looking at the group calendar.
    • The research meeting is devoted 100% to group research presentations
    • Attendance is Mandatory. Notify Jose in advance if you can't make it or have to arrive late or leave early.
  • Business Meeting
    • 1 hr brown bag lunch in a meeting room, every 3 weeks
    • Business items, Journal Club
    • Attendance is Mandatory. Notify Jose in advance if you can't make it or have to arrive late or leave early.
  • Grp Lunch every Thu @ 1pm in Atrium (optional)
  • Student + Jose lunch, every 3 weeks
  • Postdocs + Research Scientists + Jose lunch, every 3 weeks
  • Student Informal Prez w/ Postdocs, w/o Jose (1.5 hrs, 1 per mo)

Wed. Jan. 29 @ 1 pm, S274

  • Business Items
  • What I learned at AGU: Carly, Amber, Ingrid, Mike, Delphine, Jose

Fri. Dec. 4 @ 3 pm, room TBD

  • Business Items
  • Rehearsals for AGU
    • Delphine
    • Ingrid
    • Mike
    • Carly
    • Amber
    • Jose

Fri. Nov 20 @ 3 pm, ESOC reading room

Fri. Nov 6 @ 3 pm, room S274

Tue Oct. 27, 2009

Patrick Hayes' visit schedule:

  • Dinner: Yumi, Jose, Patrick, Mike, Delphine, Donna??


Wed. Oct. 21, 2009 @ 3 pm

  • 3-3:15: Business Items
  • 3:15-3:45: Marco Bruns, Max Planck Institute (Borrmann Group): ALABAMA Single Particle Instrument
  • 3:45-4:10: Joel on CI and other recent activities
  • 3:10-4:30: Mike: ARCTAS intercomparisons and TabMEP Mtg.
  • 4:30-4:50: Carly on FLAME-3

Mon Oct. 12 @ 3 pm

Fri. Oct. 9, 2009 @ 3 pm

  • Business Items
    • Decide to buy only STEEL Swagelok from now on
      • But ferrules should still match tubing (e.g. brass F for copper T, plastic F for plastic T)
    • Journal alerts
      • People still responsible for the same journals
      • People can do it either thru email table-of-content alerts, AND/OR through Google Reader
    • Grad Student Recruitment Weekend Coordinators: Carly for CHEM, Amber for ATOC
  • Delphine: recent work
  • Michael: ship report
  • Amber and/or Sanna: FLAME-3 report

Fri. Aug. 14, 2009 at 3 pm

Wed July 29, 2009 at 3 pm

  • Business Items
  • Delphine: recent experiments in Hyytiala and Berkeley
  • Mike: advanced linear regression

July 9, 2009

June 25, 2009

  • Business Items
  • Monumental cake for Ingrid's paper !!
  • Amber (15 min): summary of Houston SHARP
  • Sanna (10 min): previous work and concentrator

June 12, 2009

  • Business Items
    • Dell Chat support was very helpful and less intrusive
  • Ken: SOAR analysis update
  • Very short organic synthesis paper presentation by Ingrid

Thu April 2, 2009 3-5 pm

  • Business Items
    • Email Ted.Demaria@colorado.edu when sending equipment away from CU (AMS: $400k, SMPS: $80k, supplies: $10k-$40k)
    • Get shipping and customs help from CIRES (Ellie Pommeroy)
    • New per-diem arrangement: claim actual expenses
    • Wiki on How to organize a field campaign
  • Delphine
  • Ingrid
Personal tools